This mod is a work in progress. Post any bugs or suggestions in the comments.
A mod that alters various parameters of the heat system with the aim of achieving more sustained and intense combat during heat, along with higher heat levels posing a more genuine threat to the player. Heat is now harder to evade, with soldiers calling for reinforcements much more quickly, and search times being significantly raised across all levels. There is also a greater sense of escalation, with higher chaos point thresholds and an exponential increase in the number of enemies. Hijacking civilian vehicles in view of authorities will also incur heat.
Other changes include:
- Armoured DRM spawn alongside regular DRM during heat
- DRM can use CS Spectres
- DRM can potentially spawn at heat level 2
- Bike soldiers can use CS Wraith SMGs
- Black Hand Aegis operators spawn alongside Medician soldiers at heat 4 onwards, and can use Automat U12s.
- URGA Postolkas spawn at heat level 3 instead of CS Navajos
- URGA Hrom Ds spawn at heat 4 onwards
- URGA Mstitel spawn at heat 4 onwards
- Vehicles spawned via heat may sometimes disappear suddenly
- The game seems to overwhelmingly favour spawning BH soldiers with Automats when given the ability; it may be removed if this is a problem.
- The AI use Automats as a semi-automatic weapon
- The military zone (northern half of Insula Striate) follows different enemy spawns from the rest of the map, which are currently unaltered by this mod. This will be addressed in a later update
- Due to the way the heatspawn system works, it may not be possible limit certain enemies to heat 5 exclusively. This mod will be updated if a way is found.
- In the root Just Cause 3 directory (...Steam/steamapps/common/Just Cause 3) create a folder named "dropzone".
- Place the "settings" and "global" folders into dropzone.
- Find Just Cause 3 in your steam library, and open the properties menu.
- Under the "General" tab, click "Set Launch Options..."
- Within the text field enter the following: --vfs-fs dropzone --vfs-archive patch_win64 --vfs-archive archives_win64 --vfs-archive dlc_win64 --vfs-fs
- Click OK and launch Just Cause 3.