Time Control

Just Cause 3 Mods Forums Mod Requests Time Control

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Eddef
    Participant

I would love to see the time control mod, because the day & night cycle is soooo long in Just Cause 3! I wanted to get some pretty night town footage, and I had to wait for 1.5 hours and it still was daytime.

Mr. ZurkonMr. Zurkon
    Participant

This is a good idea, though I couldn’t find what controls the day/night cycle in a quick poking through of the game’s files. I’ll keep looking though

Eddef
    Participant

Thank You so much man! Thanks for looking into the files, I would try to do it myself, but I’m really far away from modding 😀 and yea, it’s pretty needed for me at least, I bet some other video creators could use this Mod (or any players who need daytime/nightime at any given time). Because now I literally have to wait for hours :DD the day n’ night cycles are just waaaaay too long. Oh, and if that helps – there was a time control mod in Just Cause 2

ZEKE
    Participant

The guys at Nanos(JC3-MP) have already managed it:

Gameplay functions

We are currently able to change the timescale, lock the controls of a player, load scenes (pre-render parts of the map before the player is actually there) and we are also able to control the environment (setting the time, the weather, the clouds and the climate).

from their Development Blog

Don’t know if they ever intend to release it, but at least it’s possible to mod it.

Eddef
    Participant

Oh man, I wish they released it! I am literally fighting with the extremely long day and short night 😀 I had nighttime once after a mission and it passed in 10 minutes, while the daytime lasts several hours… :/ Please let me know the mod updates

Mr. ZurkonMr. Zurkon
    Participant

Sorry for the delay, but after a great search I’ve found 3 files that could be relevant; 2 that were indecipherable and 1 that couldn’t be edited. It seems we’re going to have to wait for better tools for this one…

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Eddef
    Participant

Ah dang, thanks for the heads up though

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.