Site Errors and Suggestions

Just Cause 3 Mods Forums General Chat Site Errors and Suggestions

This topic contains 63 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

Would it be possible to push updated mods to the top on the mods page? It was this way in jc2mods and I think it’s good because honestly it would take some time for people notice updates for gibbedstools for example. If not, the version number could be shown next to each mod. Is it ok if my mod combiner loads //justcause3mods.com/mods/mod-combiner/ every start and checks if version numbers match? E: And the text box is still so small that it can’t fit 2 lines unless I resize it.

Hey FIN, I’m planning to have a homepage widget that is going to show the last updated mods. I fear that if i do this for the mods page then people will keep ‘bumping’ their mods by making small edits. This also means new mods that have just been added won’t be given a chance to be seen, thats why i think its a better idea to allow new mods to be first and updated to not be. There is a dropdown sort filter where you can select last updated.

BTW the test site http://www.clickplaywatch.com can be viewed by anyone if they want to see upcoming features. (pm and images are almost ready)

As for the text box switch to the Visual editor, there are two tabs on the top right of the editor. I will however make the plain text editor bigger too.

FINDarkside
    Participant

Great! Didn’t notice the sorting option. Btw, as others have mentioned, this site looks REALLY good.
    There’s one problem with searching for mods. The categories show the right amount of mods that match the search word. But when you click the category it goes to
    //justcause3mods.com/mods/categories/vehicles
    instead of
    //justcause3mods.com/mods/categories/vehicles?CMDsearch=somethingiwanttosearchfor
    Another suggestion: When sorting by rating, the secondary criteria should be amount of votes so that 5 stars with 10 votes is higher than 5 stars with 9 votes.

Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

Great! Didn’t notice the sorting option. Btw, as others have mentioned, this site looks REALLY good. There’s one problem with searching for mods. The categories show the right amount of mods that match the search word. But when you click the category it goes to //justcause3mods.com/mods/categories/vehicles instead of //justcause3mods.com/mods/categories/vehicles?CMDsearch=somethingiwanttosearchfor Another suggestion: When sorting by rating, the secondary criteria should be amount of votes so that 5 stars with 10 votes is higher than 5 stars with 9 votes.

Hey FIN ah yeah good spot! the Search bar doesn’t search within categories, even though the URL works //justcause3mods.com/mods/categories/vehicles?CMDsearch=pink I will try and get it working with the filter upgrade.

I am working on developing the search and sort to look like this (on the right) http://vgmods.net/design/mods.html unfortunatly i wasn’t able to build this before launching so the kinda hidden dropdown was a quick addition while I work on the advanced sidebar filters.

Regarding the Rating sorting that’s a really good idea! I will keep this in mind when building the new filters so number of votes count towards the rating ranking.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Zenin Zenin.
    • This reply was modified 3 years ago by Zenin Zenin.

Nomaden
    Participant

What’s up with the latest front page update?  I sincerely hope this classifies as a “Site Error”.

Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

What’s up with the latest front page update? I sincerely hope this classifies as a “Site Error”.

yeah theres a spam bot thats attacking the site. i am trying my best to block it.

FINDarkside
    Participant

Some pages (like login) won’t work unless you refresh them multiple times. First time it stays on the previous page, next time you get blank page. Third time you get only header and fourth time it might work.

choklad
    choklad
    Participant

I tried 3 days in a row to get logged in and finally today I could. I still can access most of the site.

Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

I tried 3 days in a row to get logged in and finally today I could. I still can access most of the site.

yeah i had to apply some extra settings to prevent hacks. I have adjusted these now. Pages now seem to load the first time for me. Please let me know if you get the same thing now.

FINDarkside
    Participant

Forum profile and uploader profile should be combined.

Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

Forum profile and uploader profile should be combined.

yeah I would really like this too, I did try but the uploader profile uses the mod ‘system’ and the profile use the forums, mixing both begins to cause errors.

There is a way to do it i’m sure, I want to place mods on the homepage too, this will also unlock the ability to add mods in the profile page.

FINDarkside
    Participant

Mod page url should probably contain some kind of id instead of the mod name. Currently (i believe) the url is used as disqus id, so if you change your mod name all the comments are gone. After that someone can make a mod that has the same name as yours and then the comments are on his mods 😀

Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

Mod page url should probably contain some kind of id instead of the mod name. Currently (i believe) the url is used as disqus id, so if you change your mod name all the comments are gone. After that someone can make a mod that has the same name as yours and then the comments are on his mods ?

Thats just how disqus works it uses the url and creates a comments section. I just need it edit so that the url doesn’t change just the mod title does. I’ve got this on my todo list already

FINDarkside
    Participant

Well yeah making the mod page url to not change is definitely a better solution, but you actually can use a custom id for disqus (instead of using the page url).

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  FINDarkside.

FINDarkside
    Participant

Does unpublishing a mod reset its stats? I would like to hide my mod combiner for a while because it doesn’t work anymore since the new patch removed the text files containing info about what files each archive contains.

Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

unpublishing wont reset stats

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.