Site Errors and Suggestions

Just Cause 3 Mods Forums General Chat Site Errors and Suggestions

This topic contains 63 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

oh really.. ok i will look into it.

It doesn’t remember who rated, or track individuals rating – this is because non registered users can also rate – there would excessive data if we tracked all users ratings on the off chance they want to change their rating.

Well currently non-registered user cannot rate, just tried it. Also you are actually tracking if user has voted or not, since I can’t rate twice. And that is stored server side, because I tried another browser and I still couldn’t rate twice. And it doesn’t matter if you wouldn’t you can just do it like this:

averageRating -= averageRating / amountOfRatings
    averageRating += newRating / amountOfRatings

Tracking user rating might not even need any more data than storing only if he has voted. At least in MySQL 5.0.3 Boolean is stored in tinyint which takes up one byte instead of one bit.

hmm maybe if i remove the restriction of voting once it might be possible, just want to avoid any methods that might allow someone to vote multiple times. I’ll look into it after the important stuff is done (comments)

quinn.rashford
    Participant

Something that I think the site is missing is the ability to be able to contact the mod creators so if there is something wrong with a mod or it has something that can be improved, users should be able to send them an email or message via the site. Thats just something i thought would be handy.

Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

Something that I think the site is missing is the ability to be able to contact the mod creators so if there is something wrong with a mod or it has something that can be improved, users should be able to send them an email or message via the site. Thats just something i thought would be handy.

Yeah private messaging will be ready soon

Daniel Kng
    Daniel Kng
    Participant

I can give you help if you want. I’m a Forum & Blog owner myself – so if you need help we maybe can talk per PN (Facebook, Telegram, whatever)! 🙂

Edit: As i can see you are running WordPress – i worked 3 years with it so yeah, maybe we can get in touch 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Daniel Kng Daniel Kng.
    CaptainSikay
    CaptainSikay
    Participant

It would be very helpful if the “New” button not only shows the new topics but also it should show the new posts in the specific topics so you can see which posts are new.

Intel Core i7 4790K | Z97 PC Mate(MS-7850) | 2x 8192mb Crucial RAM
    nVidia GeForce GTX 960 - 4096 MB GDDR5 VRAM
    Monitor 1: 16:9 - 23.8" LG 24MP56HQ-T
    Monitor 2: 21:9 - 29" LG 29UM55-P
    Monitor 3: 16:9 - 23" LG W2343T-PF
    Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

I can give you help if you want. I’m a Forum & Blog owner myself – so if you need help we maybe can talk per PN (Facebook, Telegram, whatever)! :) Edit: As i can see you are running WordPress – i worked 3 years with it so yeah, maybe we can get in touch :)

cool yeah, ill consider you when we begin looking for moderators 🙂

Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

It would be very helpful if the “New” button not only shows the new topics but also it should show the new posts in the specific topics so you can see which posts are new.

Im not sure this is going to be possible, i have a feeling it would really slow down the site/forums too.

FINDarkside
    Participant

It would be very helpful if the “New” button not only shows the new topics but also it should show the new posts in the specific topics so you can see which posts are new.

Im not sure this is going to be possible, i have a feeling it would really slow down the site/forums too.

Maybe having a separate page for “unseen messages” would make it better.
    But to be honest, that would be far more “excessive data” than storing all ratings. Storing data for one million ratings would probably take like 10MB which is not much anyway.

Suggestion: an alerts system that handles notifications if someone replies to a user. Could be placed in the top right corner next to the user’s profile pic?

(sorry if this has already been suggested)

FliXide
    FliXide
    Participant

Sometimes when i press download it doesn’t begin the download! It just says: //justcause3mods.com/mods/savegame-100-story-everything-conquered/#

Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

Sometimes when i press download it doesn’t begin the download! It just says: //justcause3mods.com/mods/savegame-100-story-everything-conquered/#

I was running a little upgrade script so you might have tried at bad time. Is it all ok now?

FINDarkside
    Participant

There’s the “new” notification in help category, but when I open the category there’s no threads with the new notification.

Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

There’s the “new” notification in help category, but when I open the category there’s no threads with the new notification.

should be better now

FINDarkside
    Participant

Few ideas:
    Make an area where you can drop file for the mod.
    Fix the mod file upload. I uploaded zip folder, but the server zips the zip file another time for some reason. When I go to edit the mod it says that there are 2 zip files, but when I download I only get one. I’m not sure if the idea was that you wouldn’t have to zip your mod yourself, but if it was the idea wasn’t too great, and I can’t actually upload bin files even though the page says that I can.

Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

Few ideas: Make an area where you can drop file for the mod. Fix the mod file upload. I uploaded zip folder, but the server zips the zip file another time for some reason. When I go to edit the mod it says that there are 2 zip files, but when I download I only get one. I’m not sure if the idea was that you wouldn’t have to zip your mod yourself, but if it was the idea wasn’t too great, and I can’t actually upload bin files even though the page says that I can.

The system we use rezips the files uploaded with the title given. this is to prevent strange file names(symbols etc) from breaking the download link. There are some know issues with the uploader that i am currently looking at. Thanks for your feedback again 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.