Possible to change "wheel-drive"?

Just Cause 3 Mods Forums General Chat Possible to change "wheel-drive"?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    felixfj007
    Participant

Is it possible to change “wheel-drive”?   (“Wheel-drive” = RWD, FWD and AWD/4WD)

Specifically I want to change from FWD to RWD, as the Stria Infimo S is front-wheel-driven in-game. (Stria Infimo S is/seems to be based on Fiat 124/Lada 2101 which is Rear-wheel-driven in real life)

BTW: I’m a novice in programming but want to to this modification (if possible) by myself. Despite, I’ll gladly accept help! 🙂

I really doubt there’s anything for this; modding is usually limited to changing small numbers in files and JC3 is no exception (so far). Generally the real programming starts if you want to make tools for modding or if the game’s source code is *more* open source. Something like this messes with physics which is usually locked in the engine.

I like the idea though xD

FINDarkside
    Participant

This doesn’t really mess with physics and it most likely is possible to do by altering the data files.

This doesn’t really mess with physics and it most likely is possible to do by altering the data files.

what data files? I can’t imagine seeing a 4WD option in any of the files anyway

FINDarkside
    Participant

what data files? I can’t imagine seeing a 4WD option in any of the files anyway

Well the vehicle files. Why don’t you think that 4WD option is in the data files? The data files most likely also hold info about amount of wheels, weapons in the vehicles and pretty much everything related to the vehicle.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.