Open every door in the game

Just Cause 3 Mods Forums Mod Requests Open every door in the game

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Loony BinLoony Bin
    Participant

I was a bit surprised that I couldn’t find anyone else with this idea. Basically, I’m talking about doors that may have been opened during a mission, but are permanently shut afterwards.

I started thinking seriously about this after realizing that only one of the big octogonal cargo doors from Sky Fortress could be opened. I realized later it was because one led to a large mission area (I beat that DLC in the first week it was released, so it’s been long enough for me to forget where some of the missions took place). There is actually a weapons locker inside the area that shows up on the HUD if you get too close. There are several other doors that don’t open elsewhere on the ship.

Anyway this is just one of numerous examples of permanently shut doors. There are even a few that you can get on either side of, but that would make a much faster shortcut if open.

Is this possible to do? I have wondered if some of the areas that are now inaccessible are actually no longer rendered to save memory or something, in which case there would be little point to opening a door to it.

Hopefully that was clear enough. Let me know if you have questions about what I meant. Thanks.

[Edit] Of course it was only after I wrote this that I found the camera mod. I haven’t been able to look around much, but the places I’ve seen seem to be fully rendered. Having Rico blow stuff up in these places would still be awesome.

Anon_PecanAnon_Pecan
    Participant

I had the exact same idea a while back but I never thought about posting it. Anyways, this would be a really cool addition to the regular sandbox map. A couple of days ago I was able to get through the doors of the Hive on the mech dlc by getting there before they loaded in, but to my suprise there was nothing really there but a large under-ground room with nothing in it but a few chaos items.

Smartass Noob
    Participant

This would be a great mod. The airship has functional interiors (that can be seen through the windows) and the hive lobby is also visible through the windows. In addition to that, the FOW-disabling missions feature underground ares that are closed off later. All of these should be opened.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.