Need Help Modifying Vehicles

Just Cause 3 Mods Forums Mod Creation Need Help Modifying Vehicles

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    derpsheepderpsheep
    Participant

I am trying to modify the Modern Bus to have the same speed and acceleration as the Formula 1 car. I used the Modified Gibbed’s Tools and found the files for the bus. I unpacked the .ee file and opened the engine and transmission files in the Module folder, and replaced the values with the values from the F1 car. Everything repacks fine and the game launches but when I rebel drop the bus the game crashes. If anyone with experience modifying vehicles could look at my files and tell me what is wrong that would be a huge help. I haven’t found any resource detailing how to modify vehicles, so anything like that would help too. Thank you!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/derpsheepm8/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ProtatoProtato
    Keymaster

I’m currently at work, but I’ll have a look at your file (Attach it if you haven’t, can’t tell am on mobile) once I get home

ProtatoProtato
    Keymaster

OK, I’ve had a look at your file and you have the COMPLETE/COMPRESSED version inside its EXTRACTED version (If that makes sense; you extracted it then placed the archive inside the extracted files, then tried installing it).

Remove all files that are not (And folders that don’t contain) the ‘.ee’ file (You should ONLY have a single archive, and it’s path should be this: editor\entities\jc_vehicles\01_land\v0006_car_autostraad_modernbus\v0006_car_autostraad_modernbus_commercial_01.ee

PS: Also remove the files from your dropzone or else you will continue to have this problem

derpsheepderpsheep
    Participant

Thank you, I will try this soon, that was actually my first idea but it seemed too easy, so I tried to replicate the file layout from another mod, which I guess is outdated. Thank you for your help, I will post an update when I can test it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/derpsheepm8/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.