Model Swapping

Just Cause 3 Mods Forums General Chat Model Swapping

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    163303 wrote:

Guys how do I know if a mod is working? I kinda modified a .bin file, put it in folder Settings and moved it into dropzone but I have no idea if the changes are working or not. How can we verify?

run the game?

And what do you think I did? -.- Since I asked a question it means I didn’t notice any difference by using the mod.

then obviously your mod doesn’t work if it doesn’t work in the actual game. That’s the only way to test.

happyderphappyderp
    Participant
    163324 wrote:

Guys how do I know if a mod is working? I kinda modified a .bin file, put it in folder Settings and moved it into dropzone but I have no idea if the changes are working or not. How can we verify?

run the game?

And what do you think I did? -.- Since I asked a question it means I didn’t notice any difference by using the mod.

then obviously your mod doesn’t work if it doesn’t work in the actual game. That’s the only way to test.

Well you can’t say if it is working or not if you don’t know if it is working or not. How about you try it first before you post something you don’t even know?

163332 wrote:

run the game?

Well you can’t say if it is working or not if you don’t know if it is working or not. How about you try it first before you post something you don’t even know?

nice trolling

FINDarkside
    Participant

If gibbedstools didn’t crash and the game does not crash it’s most likely working. However there’s no way of knowing if it works like you want without trying. The computer can’t read your mind.

happyderphappyderp
    Participant
    163333 wrote:

run the game?

nice trolling

For you so smart, unpack game5.tab, go to settings, convert asset_memory_budgets.bin into xml and change all the value to 10% except 50 and 100. And try it in the game and tell me if you notice any difference.

FINDarkside
    Participant
    163343 wrote:

For you so smart, unpack game5.tab, go to settings, convert asset_memory_budgets.bin into xml and change all the value to 10% except 50 and 100. And try it in the game and tell me if you notice any difference.

Ok so let me get this straight. You don’t know what the mod should do, you don’t know what you want it to do and you don’t know what it actually does. And then you want to know if it works? You need to define what you mean by “working”.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    happyderphappyderp
    Participant
    163355 wrote:

Ok so let me get this straight. You don’t know what the mod should do, you don’t know what you want it to do and you don’t know what it actually does. And then you want to know if it works? You need to define what you mean by “working”.

This file allow you to regulate memory budgets of the rendering image within the game. This file is the key to optimize the game to not overuse any RAM while playing. I believe the file is the key toward memory leak solution. Enough info for ya? Did you even look into that file to see the content of it or you just asked this question thinking that I don’t know what Im doing?

FINDarkside
    Participant
    163370 wrote:

This file allow you to regulate memory budgets of the rendering image within the game. This file is the key to optimize the game to not overuse any RAM while playing. I believe the file is the key toward memory leak solution. Enough info for ya? Did you even look into that file to see the content of it or you just asked this question thinking that I don’t know what Im doing?

You still don’t make much sense. First you said “I edited file and I want to know if it works” and now it’s “I edited a file and I want to know if it fixes the memory leak”. As I said you must define what you mean with “it works”. If you think that it should make the game use less RAM, then just monitor the RAM usage.

happyderphappyderp
    Participant
    163372 wrote:

You still don’t make much sense. First you said “I edited file and I want to know if it works” and now it’s “I edited a file and I want to know if it fixes the memory leak”. As I said you must define what you mean with “it works”. If you think that it should make the game use less RAM, then just monitor the RAM usage.

Yeah that’s the thing, when monitored the RAM usage using Rivatuner there was no difference at all. There must be another way to monitor what this file does.

FINDarkside
    Participant

So what’s the question again? “Does this mod work?” or “What does this file do?”. I don’t really see any way someone could actually answer your question. Btw you still haven’t defined what you mean by “working”. If it doesn’t lower memory usage, then it clearly is not working as you hoped.

happyderphappyderp
    Participant
    163375 wrote:

So what’s the question again? “Does this mod work?” or “What does this file do?”. I don’t really see any way someone could actually answer your question. Btw you still haven’t defined what you mean by “working”. If it doesn’t lower memory usage, then it clearly is not working as you hoped.

But it should work so why is it not? That’s the question. Maybe you can try it yourself? …

FINDarkside
    Participant

Ok so now it’s not working? Good we made some progress 😛 And why it’s not working? Because those values don’t do what you think they do. And don’t ask me what they do, I have no idea and I’m not spending my time to figure out. Here’s a little help:
    23F1E837 = physic
    72B97F2F = model
    BA9740EF = animation
    C3CAB1F8 = texture
    C9F61D0D = Unknown

happyderphappyderp
    Participant
    163389 wrote:

Ok so now it’s not working? Good we made some progress ? And why it’s not working? Because those values don’t do what you think they do. And don’t ask me what they do, I have no idea and I’m not spending my time to figure out. Here’s a little help: 23F1E837 = physic 72B97F2F = model BA9740EF = animation C3CAB1F8 = texture C9F61D0D = Unknown

Okay definitely we make progress. Can you tell me how did you find the Text description for each ID values? I was looking for this but was lost.

If it was this easy the jc3 devs wouldn’t have jobs. You won’t find anything to optimize the game that the devs don’t already know about LOL.

happyderphappyderp
    Participant
    163389 wrote:

Ok so now it’s not working? Good we made some progress ? And why it’s not working? Because those values don’t do what you think they do. And don’t ask me what they do, I have no idea and I’m not spending my time to figure out. Here’s a little help: 23F1E837 = physic 72B97F2F = model BA9740EF = animation C3CAB1F8 = texture C9F61D0D = Unknown

So can you tell me how did you find those id?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.