Modding weapons (Basic)

Just Cause 3 Mods Forums Tutorials Modding weapons (Basic)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  rzyao 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Protato
    Protato
    Keymaster

1 – In the folder patch_win64, unpack game1. In game1_unpack, go to UNKNOWN then adf.
    2 – Look for the files that weight between 20k and 10k, those are the tuning files
    OR
    Go to this link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ki9ntuhzvk3vjcq/XML%20Weapons%20%281.05%29.7z?dl=0
    If you go to the link, you can download these files I have renamed to make everyones lives easier =)
    If you download them, skip to step 6
    3 – To know which file is which, open them with Notepad++.
    4 – Search for ‘BUT BE GENTLE’ and below it, you’ll find something like this: w141_rpg_uvk_13.wtune
    5 – Add a ‘c’ at the end, and you’ve got its name (e.g. w141_rpg_uvk_13.wtunec).
    6 – Exit the file, and copy the file AND THE WEAPON PATH to your dropzone folder
    e.g. ‘editor\entities\jc_weapons\02_two_handed\w141_rpg_uvk_13\w141_rpg_uvk_13.wtunec’
    If the weapon path is not in your dropzone, make them in your dropzone folder.
    The beginning of the weapon path is almost always ‘editor\entities\jc_weapons’
    6a – If you copied the file from the link, remove ‘.xml’ from the extension. Then drag it onto ‘ConvertAdf.exe’
    6b – If you found the file yourself, change its name to the name below ‘BUT BE GENTLE’, then drag it onto the ‘ConvertAdf.exe’
    7 – You should now have a file with the extension ‘.wtunec’. It should be named something like: w141_rpg_uvk_13.wtunec
    7a – If you do not have a file with the extension ‘.wtunec’, you may have chosen the wrong file from the UNKNOWN folder
    8 – You can edit this file with a hexadecimal editor, or if you don’t have one, drag it back onto ‘ConvertAdf.exe’
    9 – With the ‘.xml’ file generated (Sometimes requires refreashing the file explorer if using Windows), open it with Notepad++
    10 – Search for ‘BUT BE GENTLE’
    11 – Edit any values BELOW the ‘BUT BE GENTLE’ you just searched
    12 – Save the file
    NOTE: Exiting without saving does not always save! Always save manually!
    13 – Exit the file and drag it onto ‘ConvertAdf.exe’
    14 – Done! Just clear up any files that is NOT the ‘.wtunec’ file you just generated.
    NOTE: I always keep these leftover files as a backup somewhere else, just in case.
    14a – To check that it has worked WITHOUT launching the game, once again drag the ‘.wtunec’ file onto ‘ConvertAdf.exe’
    14b – Open the generated file with Notepad++ and check the values you edited
    15 – Launch the game and have fun!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Protato Protato.
    • This topic was modified 2 years ago by Protato Protato.
    3 users thanked author for this post.

Rocketchu™
    Participant

where am i supposed to get ConvertAdf.exe?

Protato
    Protato
    Keymaster

cashnub
    Participant

step 4- nowhere in these files does it say “but be gentle” it’s just parameter names and nul characters, the weapon name does NOT have a “.wtune” after it
    step 7- at no point do these tools give my anything with the extension “.wtunec” just “.xml” and “.adf”
    step 7a- there are no other files in the specified path related to the weapon I’m trying to edit (final argument sniper rifle)
    I have tried everything I know to do but nothing ever changes ingame.

twitch.tv/Ryder765
    Participant

Which Game1 am i supposed to use? I tried both and only .tab worked. Tried doing Game1.arc from the Patch_Win64 but on both the Small Unpack and the Unpack it crashed because “one of the identified items as in an invalid format”

Fix?

Protato
    Protato
    Keymaster

.tab unpacks .arc, it is a file which only points to the corresponding .arc file

Ryder765
    Participant

I am currently trying to mod ammunition values but all i get is an empty mag and a dysfunctional firearm when loading the game.

Works the same for aircraft too, even if i don’t attempt to edit ammo values.

Protato
    Protato
    Keymaster

I’ve re-uploaded the files, try one more time?
    If it doesn’t work, I’ll have a look at the files personally and make sure each and every one is working

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Goob
    Goob
    Participant

Hey man im having the same problem of it not being functional and i followed everything accordingly without problems until ingame. This site does not allow me to upload .wtunec files or .xml so ill change it to .rar and you can rename it

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

rzyao
    Participant

You seem to know what you’re doing, what values do I change in the .xml file for the weapon? I want to make an m488 with infinite ammo and your mod doesn’t work.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.