Modding heat

Just Cause 3 Mods Forums Help Modding heat

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Target Practice
    Participant

There are plenty of guides on doing things such as changing models and textures etc. but I can’t find any on how to modify heatspawn and heat conditions.
    Can anyone provide me with a guide or information on doing this?

Mr. ZurkonMr. Zurkon
    Participant

Harder Heat

This mod seems to edit what you’re talking about, maybe you could gleam some information from it.

Target Practice
    Participant

The values it is altering are obfuscated, and furthermore I’m not entirely sure where I should retrieve the classnames for entities.
    Seeing as the author of the mod clearly found out both of these things, maybe I should try to contact them?

Mr. ZurkonMr. Zurkon
    Participant

Likely your best bet, but the uploader hasn’t posted anything too recently so I’m not sure if you would get a reply. Maybe you could have the modded file open alongside the original, corresponding file and looked for what he changed? A pretty primitive suggestion and I’m not entirely sure if it would help with something as seemingly complicated as this, but you could try if you haven’t done so yet.

If all else fails, trial and error is probably going to be your best bet.

Target Practice
    Participant

I suppose I’ll give that a go then. Having to do that for something as inconsistent as the heat system is a bit of a pain though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.