Mod to change Xbox button prompts to PlayStation button prompts?

Just Cause 3 Mods Forums Mod Requests Mod to change Xbox button prompts to PlayStation button prompts?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    qp20159365
    Participant

Hello,
    thanks to DS4Windows, the PlayStation 4 (PS4) DualShock 4 controller already can be used for the PC version of Just Cause 3 (since the PC version seems to support the Xbox 360 / Xbox One controller via XInput).
    However, you still see the Xbox button prompts instead of the PlayStation button prompts.
    Is there any modder here who could do a mod to replace the Xbox button prompts with PlayStation button prompts?
    Maybe the PC version could even be switched to PlayStation button prompts via a config file or something like that, since the PlayStation button prompts might also be in the PC version and “simply” need to be enabled (just speculating)?
    It would be much appreciated if someone could come up with such a mod.

Mr. ZurkonMr. Zurkon
    Participant

Taking a brief skim through the ui files I did come across a file with all of the xbox ui buttons, although there are some PS buttons in there as well (playstation logo, x, circle, and the L and R buttons). Unfortunately though I don’t myself have a PS4 controller to test with (my last console was a PS3, I still use the controller for some games but JC3 didn’t pick it up), so I doubt I can be of much help. The file itself is a .dds file, so in theory all it would take is someone to just go in there and replace everything in mspaint.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    163900 wrote:

replace everything in mspaint.

lol that would be painful xP
    Gimp or Photoshop would be so much easier. There are probably png images of those icons anyway!

ignore this post; duplicate

qp20159365
    Participant
    163900 wrote:

Unfortunately though I don’t myself have a PS4 controller to test with (my last console was a PS3, I still use the controller for some games but JC3 didn’t pick it up), so I doubt I can be of much help.

To make Just Cause 3 pick up the PS3 controller, one would need to use the “ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)” tool, see:
    http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ScpToolkit-XInput-Wrapper-aka-ScpServer-Reloaded
    For the PS4 controller, one could also use the “ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)” tool mentioned above or alternatively the “DS4Windows” tool, see:
    http://ds4windows.com/
    What both tools are doing is, is that they trick Windows into thinking that the PS3/PS4 controller would be a Xbox 360 / Xbox One controller, which makes the PS3/PS4 controller compatible with every PC game that supports the Xbox 360 / Xbox One controller, like Just Cause 3 does for example.
    So you definitely should be able to use use your PS3 controller with Just Cause 3 on the PC.

163900 wrote:

Taking a brief skim through the ui files I did come across a file with all of the xbox ui buttons, although there are some PS buttons in there as well (playstation logo, x, circle, and the L and R buttons). [...] The file itself is a .dds file, so in theory all it would take is someone to just go in there and replace everything in mspaint.

Is it really only the PS/X/circle/L/R buttons which are in there? Are the other buttons missing? Maybe the remaining buttons are stored in another file?
    Anyway, even if the remaining buttons would be missing from the PC version, then there still would be things like Xelu’s “Keyboard and controller prompts pack” for example, which includes the button prompts for pretty much any game controller (including PS3 and PS4 controller), see:
    http://opengameart.org/content/free-keyboard-and-controllers-prompts-pack
    But of course it would be even nicer if the remaining PS4 button prompts could also be found in the Just Cause 3 PC files (again, maybe in another file?).
    EDIT: Corrected some links.

FINDarkside
    Participant

Done: Playstation controller icons mod

1 user thanked author for this post.
    qp20159365
    Participant

Awesome, that is incredible, thank you so much FINDarkside!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.