Little game_hash*.txt searcher and model swap.

Just Cause 3 Mods Forums Mod Creation Little game_hash*.txt searcher and model swap.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    HungryDoodles
    Participant

This program searching for specified string in all .txt files starting with “game_hash”.
    I made it to simplify searching procedure 🙂
    Usage is simple: there is launches console, I type in some text we need to search like this: main_characters/annika. It gave me some results, they includes file, line and text in the line. Like now the only what annika have as main_character is bunch of textures in 29-th file stating with ~190 line and model with some more textures in 32-nd file.
    The program searches file in folder it contains! To search put this program into archives_win64 folder.

I’ve also searched same way for rico, results mostly same, just in different folders.

The point of this program is that I’d replaced model of Rico to Annika, but it gave me… well… black mutant… As I admitted there is no proper way to swap models, skeletal mesh becomes really broken even if you try. Blackness is actually means that there no textures, it is easy to fix – just replace some textures, but where is mesh rig… The broken rig looks like this: http://justcause3mods.com/mods/rico-mutant-cow/ (Thanks to author for making this mod, I know at least how to create mods like these 🙂 )

If it will be necessary I can improve program, for now it is only 15 lines long XD. Let’s just say, that it is v0.1.
    P.S. In case that I made it in Visual Studio 2015 the program requires latest .NET (4.5.2)… Yeah… Well, if you have Win 7 and higher, then there will be no problems.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    1 user thanked author for this post.

At some point should model swaps become possible?

HungryDoodles
    Participant

Possibly yes… Avalanche engine pretty flexible, it IS possible to swap models, the only thing is that I don’t know how those model are made.
    If I try to swap only model then textures and skeletal mesh (actually mesh deformation used to animate model) will be broken (maybe materials too). So I very confident that skeletal info and textures/materials needs to be swapped too. But there is a problem, that Rico model model is different to others.

For example Annika has next textures: arms, bulletproofvest, clothes, hair, shirt and tshirt.
    Rico has next textures: body, hair, head, grapple, wingsuit, jc2_grapple and eye_gloss_alpha.

I just don’t know how to swap these textures. Even if at some point I did that then my animation is not working properly, mesh also must has proper info about what vertices we need to move if we move “name” bone. This info usually contains in model itself, there is a HUGE problem with it. Rico has plenty of rig bones, but everyone else don’t. When Rico flies with wingsuit hit clothes “waving because of wind”, what actually animation and these waves controlled by bones. This breaks everything because EVERYONE else has typical skeleton that can’t be combined with Rico’s animation set. If only somehow .rbm can be opened… The thing we need to do with this file is reorder bones and that’s all! This can looks strange, you know, female with male skeleton, but at least something. I think I should look for Just Cause 2 mod, that swaps model, maybe I missed something important.

Thanks for the damn well detailed reply! Now I have a better idea of what’s going on here.

I’m certain that there has to be some way to make this possible. What about 3DSMax?

HungryDoodles
    Participant

Nothing can really open .rbm, even 3ds max, what is sad 🙁 But there was model viewer in Gibbed’s tools for Just cause 2 or Xentax .rmb importer plugin for Blender, but due to engine has been updated there is no way to open it again. Until at least there will be some file format description like this: Render Block Model – Just cause 2. I’am actually can create packer/unpacker if only somewhere I will find any info about this extension.

The other thing that in Just Cause 2 skeletons are been contained in .bsk files, now .rmb has both mesh and skeleton.

I’ll try to figure out what contained in .rbm… Don’t think that I’ll find something interesting.

Hopefully you find what you need. :L

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.