Is there a mod that makes my grappling hook really long?

Just Cause 3 Mods Forums General Chat Is there a mod that makes my grappling hook really long?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Yotam ashman
    Participant

important note: not my d**k.

i saw a video where the player had a really really long grappling hook, like, he could reach to the top of moutains just by grappling. And he said that he has mods installed, but i have literally NO IDEA what mods he used. Does someone know? thx guys and sorry for my bad english.

happyderphappyderp
    Participant

No there is no such mod at the moment as the file responsible for the grapplehook cannot be compiled back to it’s original extension yet. We need that mod tool update.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    FINDarkside
    Participant

Probably a trainer.

happyderphappyderp
    Participant

Probably a trainer.

Please elaborate, I don’t follow 😀

Yotam ashman
    Participant

No there is no such mod at the moment as the file responsible for the grapplehook cannot be compiled back to it’s original extension yet. We need that mod tool update.

i saw it here: https://youtu.be/gz-19mD26o0?t=6m4s any ideas? thx again

noext
    Participant

ok i got the file

Gibbed.JustCause3.SmallUnpack.exe on “game2_unpack\editor\entities\jc_props\grappling_device\grappling_device_jc3_default.ee”

then Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertAdf.exe on “grappling_device_jc3_default_unpack\editor\entities\jc_characters\main_characters\rico\grappling_hook.gtunec”

and the first property of the xml is : <member name=”GrappleDistance”>80</member>

i will try to compile the file to upload the mod

edit : looks like ConvertAdf cant convert xml to gtunec, like the vmodc files

chokladchoklad
    Participant

Not only that but you can’t repack .ee files soo… And it was a trainer that enabled the longer grapple length.

happyderphappyderp
    Participant

looks like ConvertAdf cant convert xml to gtunec, like the vmodc files

I think I was clear enough on my previous post that you can’t convert the file back at the moment.

Not only that but you can’t repack .ee files soo… And it was a trainer that enabled the longer grapple length.

You can repack .ee file by using SmallPack.exe but the problem is that the file repacked is not compressed, why I am telling this because I tried to unpack .ee and repacked it back without editing any content of it. The result was that the repacked .ee was bigger than it’s original although nothing was modified. So there is an issue with the compression.

ZeninZenin
    Keymaster
    happyderphappyderp
    Participant

How did you manage to repack the .ee file back?

chokladchoklad
    Participant

Check the tutorials section. I just posted a video tutorial.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.