How to use the mod creation tool?

Just Cause 3 Mods Forums Mod Creation How to use the mod creation tool?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    FINDarkside
    Participant

Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertItem.exe and Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertTask.exe convert to json.

chokladchoklad
    Participant

convert what to json

I also found why the .ee file were erroring out on my end. I got them going now. I think i could also repack the .ee but I can’t figure out how to repack the .wtunec files

zognotadog
    Participant

When I run the unpack .exe no folder is created, a cmd window opens and nothing happens. Is this to do with me not having the default steam folder?

FINDarkside
    Participant

When I run the unpack .exe no folder is created, a cmd window opens and nothing happens. Is this to do with me not having the default steam folder?

You need to drag a .tab file to unpack.exe.

happyderphappyderp
    Participant

Okay to edit files thing looks very easy but still no  one seems to give a hint how to compile the file back and make it work in the game. Ok I understand Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertItem.exe and Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertTask.exe convert to json. But what file should be converted to json and why.

Come on dudes, you expect us to be creative but we need to know first.

Whitestar
    Participant

<p>

162576 wrote:

Okay to edit files thing looks very easy but still no one seems to give a hint how to compile the file back and make it work in the game. Ok I understand Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertItem.exe and Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertTask.exe convert to json. But what file should be converted to json and why. Come on dudes, you expect us to be creative but we need to know first.

Hi happyderp. Like FINDarkside said in another thread: There is currently no way (at least we haven’t found one) to re-pack the unpacked files back to game archives that can be used in the dropzone folder. Seems we will have to wait until gibbed works his magic out. In other words: We’ll just have to be patient. ;)</p> <p>The location of the value for changing grappling distance is known (we think). That should be an easy mod to make once we get the tools. What I want to know is where one can change the fov, if that’s at all possible. So if you want to shorten the wait, you could of course unpack all the files and start searching for that value. :)</p></p>

FINDarkside
    Participant

You can pack/unpack bin files, you can pack/unpack the files that are converted by convertitem or converttask. And these do work if you put them in the dropzone.
    You can unpack .ee (or .epe I don’t remember) files, and you can pack them, but you can’t compress them I think.
    ConvertAdf only converts files to xml, it doesn’t convert them back from xml.

chokladchoklad
    Participant

I posted a video on how I created the Easter Egg Gun Mod as a kind of short tutorial. I will add more videos as I figure out more and as the tools get updated.

chokladchoklad
    Participant

I posted a video on how I created the Easter Egg Gun Mod as a kind of short tutorial in the Tutorial section of this forum. I will add more videos as I figure out more and as the tools get updated.

vob775
    Participant

ConvertAdf only converts files to xml, it doesn’t convert them back from xml.

So there’s no way to create any mods what using ConvertAdf now?

How do you repack the .ee folders?

FINDarkside
    Participant

Smallpack.exe

That just creates another .sarc file.

FINDarkside
    Participant

Then just rename it to .ee

E: Not a joke, that’s how it was done in jc2 too.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Then just rename it to .ee E: Not a joke, that’s how it was done in jc2 too.

oh lol

thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.