How to use the mod creation tool?

Just Cause 3 Mods Forums Mod Creation How to use the mod creation tool?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    KronicGaming
    Participant

I’m new to modding and all, i just downloaded Rick’s modding tool and i have no idea how to use it/open it ahah can i have a hand please, also not sure if this is in the right spot or not.

FINDarkside
    Participant

It’s not really mod creation tool, it just unpacks/packs game data files.
    Unpacking arc file:
    Drag the .tab file to Gibbed.JustCause3.Unpack.exe

Unpacking/packing .bin files
    Drag to Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertProperty.exe

I had bigger list about what to use for which files, but I accidentally deleted it and I don’t remember anymore. Gibbed will probably write some kind of instructions at some point.

KronicGaming
    Participant

I’m sorry, i must be a complete idiot, can i talk to you on steam about this? ahah Username: KronicGaming

Open CMD and paste the path to the .exe files and start from there. To unpack something, paste the file path of the .tab file after the path to the unpack.exe.

example :

C:\Users\Eoin>cd "C:\Users\Eoin\Desktop\jc3 tools\bin"

C:\Users\Eoin\Desktop\jc3 tools\bin>Gibbed.JustCause3.Unpack.exe "E:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Just Cause 3\patch_win64\game0.tab"

PS. no offesnse intended, but if you don’t know what to do with the rest then i don’t really know what to say…

happyderphappyderp
    Participant

PS. no offesnse intended, but if you don’t know what to do with the rest then i don’t really know what to say…

Well no offense but no one knows everything when something is being started. And not everybody played JC2 before and created mods. So if you are releasing something it would be nice to add an instruction how to use it. What we gonna do with bunch of exe files without having any instructions?

What is wrong with someone totally new to learn how to create mods? i am sure you won’t say “if you don’t know what to do then sorry” kinda of being a jerk and mean to others.

I bet you didn’t know how to walk minutes after you were born so please stop this “yeah I know everything but I won’t share it to anyone”. That kind of attitude is pissing off.

Since the afternoon me myself I am trying to figure out how to use the Mod tools but nothing so ever, I even asked few peoples on JC3 steam forum and no one knows ….

It’s not really mod creation tool,

Then what is it? Because the title says JC3 MOD TOOLS. When you say tools it means it’s something that you can use to change something. Well for every thinking person that’s a way to say a tool to create something new. So if it is not a tool to create anything then change the name and explain what is it to the newers who want to learn moding?

chokladchoklad
    Participant

Don’t worry the guy above you is a jerk. All he had to say is that he doesn’t know either. But he wanted to feel cool so he wrote what he did.

I also do not know very much yet but I did mod JC2 with Ricks tools so I was able to get a tiny way in. Below are the steps I took.

1. Download the tools and extract them into any folder just put them somewhere you know where they are
    2. browse to the just cause 3 folder
    3. double click archives_win64
    4. the game_hash files from what I can tell can be used a a quick guide to see what the arc file contain so you can look in them to get an idea before unpacking the arc files
    5. below the hash files you will have two sets of each number file a .arc and a .tab
    6. (back in the jc3 mods folder) if you double click the bin folder look for the gibbed.justcause3.unpack
    7. drag any of the .tab files onto the gibbed.justcause3.unpack file
    8. this will create a folder which contains an assortment of things
    9. a specific .tab file I found was #35 which seems to contain alot of vehicle information

If you see a file with .bin this can be unpacked with the gibbed.justcause3.convertproperty

this will create a .xml file that can be modified

run the .xml file through the gibbed.justcause3.convertproperty again after you modified it and it will update the .bin file

This is where I get stuck though. I can find the vehicle information but I cant find how to modify the .ee files and I’m not sure i could get them to repack either.

happyderphappyderp
    Participant

Don’t worry the guy above you is a jerk. All he had to say is that he doesn’t know either. But he wanted to feel cool so he wrote what he did. I also do not know very much yet but I did mod JC2 with Ricks tools so I was able to get a tiny way in. Below are the steps I took.

1. Download the tools and extract them into any folder just put them somewhere you know where they are
    2. browse to the just cause 3 folder
    3. double click archives_win64
    4. the game_hash files from what I can tell can be used a a quick guide to see what the arc file contain so you can look in them to get an idea before unpacking the arc files
    5. below the hash files you will have two sets of each number file a .arc and a .tab
    6. (back in the jc3 mods folder) if you double click the bin folder look for the gibbed.justcause3.unpack
    7. drag any of the .tab files onto the gibbed.justcause3.unpack file
    8. this will create a folder which contains an assortment of things
    9. a specific .tab file I found was #35 which seems to contain alot of vehicle information

If you see a file with .bin this can be unpacked with the gibbed.justcause3.convertproperty this is where I get stuck though. I can find the vehicle information but I cant find how to modify the .ee files and I’m not sure i could get them to repack either. I was not able to repack a .bin file that I modified.

Me jerk? how about no? But now we are talking. Was this little instruction so hard to add in any subforum or the description of the download itself?

All right since we know now how to UNPACK the .tab files and received a folder with some subfolders, what can we edit from there and how can we compile the whole thing back and make it work?

FINDarkside
    Participant

This is where I get stuck though. I can find the vehicle information but I cant find how to modify the .ee files and I’m not sure i could get them to repack either.

• Decompress with Gibbed.JustCause3.Uncompress.exe
    • Unpack with Gibbed.JustCause3.SmallUnpack.exe

I don’t think that we can get it back to .ee though, since there is no Gibbed.JustCause3.Compress.exe

chokladchoklad
    Participant

happyderp i was talking about the guy above you

thanks findarkside but the unpack errors out for me but does create a new folder it does not seem to contain everything it should though

I also just created my first mod. Not too exciting but I think some will use it. Its on the download page now.

I won’t take the bait.

Thanks for the vehicle tab number, seems to be important.

Most of the unpacked files have odd file extensions which makes it difficult to read sometimes 🙁

happyderphappyderp
    Participant

I won’t take the bait. Thanks for the vehicle tab number, seems to be important. Most of the unpacked files have odd file extensions which makes it difficult to read sometimes :(

Come on it’s not that bad =). What kind of extension files from JC3 are easy to read and modify?

A few extensions are text files and others are binary, they can be easily identified by downloading notepad++ and trying to open each file. Most are non-text files.

happyderphappyderp
    Participant

A few extensions are text files and others are binary, they can be reasily identified by downloading notepad++ and trying to open each file. Most are non-text files.

Yeah I noticed that some file cannot be read by notepad++. So still  remain the question after modifying the file how to compile them back and make them work on the game? 🙁

FINDarkside
    Participant

These tools are not ready, gibbed is still working on them, but obviously you can’t convert all files to xml or json.

happyderphappyderp
    Participant

These tools are not ready, gibbed is still working on them, but obviously you can’t convert all files to xml or json.

But there is only 1 json file in JC3 as far as I know, I didn’t see any other json file in my pc

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.