Can't unpack .ee file

Just Cause 3 Mods Forums Mod Creation Can't unpack .ee file

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SemyonSemyon
    Participant

I want to unpack “editor\entities\jc_weapons\02_two_handed\w701_missile_strike\w701_missile_strike.ee” (from game12.tab) via “Gibbed.JustCause3.Unpack.exe”. It unpacking, but it crashing. Why?

neamneam
    Participant

Unpack only works for .tab files. If you want to unpack any smaller archive, it’s SmallUnpack. Or Batch (in the newest release of the tools) if you want to handle multiple files at once. (batch can do everything).

You look like you’re trying to mod a weapon. I’ve made a small forum post for this ’cause things are a bit more complex since the patch.

SemyonSemyon
    Participant

Unpack only works for .tab files. If you want to unpack any smaller archive, it’s SmallUnpack. Or Batch (in the newest release of the tools) if you want to handle multiple files at once. (batch can do everything).

You look like you’re trying to mod a weapon. I’ve made a small forum post for this ’cause things are a bit more complex since the patch.

Same problem with Unpack, as with SmallUnpack

SemyonSemyon
    Participant

Oh. I just read log and tried to change files’s directory to C:\ and it has worked!

neamneam
    Participant

Windows has still a limitation that remain from DOS (for a shitty compatibility reason that no one has ever cared about), and that limitation is “the path to any file must not exceed 256 characters”. 256 characters should be enough for everybody. Oh, we’re in 2016 ?

(why microsoft never replaced their shitty kernel with a linux one ? that would be better for everybody).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.