Better Drone

Just Cause 3 Mods Forums Mod Requests Better Drone

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BOLBIES
    Participant

Is there anyway we can get a mod that removes the cooldown and increases its health? That would be pretty great.

drdiravello
    Participant

I have found the file that has the rebel drop timer of the drone, I have changed it to 0, but it didn’t work. I haven’t found anything that changes the health. Sorry, I guess avalanche just made it too complicated.

ProtatoProtato
    Keymaster

DLC files are currently un-moddable. This is not to say someone might find/create a way soon!

For some reason, the conventional way of installing mods when editing any Sky Fortress files does not work. Since the game does not change at all, or even crash, it can be concluded that the game is not ‘reading’ these files.

So one possibility is that mods of the Sky Fortress DLC require a different installation than normal mods. Another potential problem is that another launch option argument is required.

neamneam
    Participant

I don’t think another launch option argument is required (I’ve extracted some strings of the binary, and there’s just a few options, none related with this). Did you know you can create a server that hosts some mods and add the –vfs-host my-server.com and –vfs-port 4242 options ? (there’s some other options related to this, like http_filesystem (could be –http_filesystem) but I don’t know how this works).

Did you knew that there’s a -noautoreconnect option ?? But that’s unrealted to the issues.

There’s at least one way to do this, but without a mod manager, i will be quite dangerous and you may end-up re-downloading the game.

I’ve also extracted most of the paths contained in the DLC, but none of theses matches any hash in the .arc files (that’s why they’re still in the UNKNOWN folder). Like Protato said in another thread, there’s probably a part of the path we’re missing. I can always bruteforce the hashes with the path I already have, but… that will take a long time to run.

The previous update of the tools comes with something like 90% of the paths of the patch_win64 archives and the very last one (released a moment ago) fixes some stuff. As I’ve “finished” the name problems in the files generated by ConvertProperty, (the very last update !), I will try this.

neamneam
    Participant

Just found the path of the item.onlinec & task.onlinec: dlc/sky_fortress/profile/{item,task}.onlinec (I’ve tried that before, but that time I’ve compared it with the hash of the file, that’s exactly the same).

But that doesn’t seem to do any change.

The item.onlinec file is located in game_1 (in unknown/adf) and its name is 080EF0F8.adf and the task.onlinec file is located in game_1 (in unknown/adf) and its name is 332B6731.adf

neamneam
    Participant

I FOUND IT !!!! 😀

In at most one hour you’ll have the mod for sky fortress that removes the timers and an update of the tools.

That will be more a mod to show the concept (only timers will be set to 0, nothing will be added), allowing others to see how it’s done, but that’s a start, isn’t it ?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Smartass Noob
    Participant

Nice work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.