Beginners Guide to creating a Rico skin mod

Just Cause 3 Mods Forums Tutorials Beginners Guide to creating a Rico skin mod

This topic contains 21 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Plenny 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

ClaWik
    Participant

Had

Unhandled Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertTexture.Importer.ReadDDSFile(String ddsFile, Int32 elementIndex, TextureFile texture, Byte[][] contents, Boolean haveHMDDSCFile)
    at Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertTexture.Importer.Import(String xmlFile, String outputBaseName)
    at Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertTexture.Program.Main(String[] args)

Tried copying the files to all other drives I have, none are working. Strangely, it did convert the file the first two or three times and suddenly started spitting out the Unhandled Exception error. File size is almost the same, dimensions are the same, file name is the same, saved as DXT1 with no alpha and no mip-maps. The tools are up to date as well.

Any ideas?

e./

Also:  The first time i converted the base files to *.dds it worked fine, but now it always outputs a 512×512 texture, even though Rico´s body file is 4096×4096.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  ClaWik.
    the8bitrobin
    the8bitrobin
    Participant

ok so. i’m not doing the rico skin. i am re skinning the moped to make it look like the rusty police cars. i have the hmddsc files but i’m lost on the conversion bit.
    there is no gubbedtextureconverter.exe in the gibbed tools / bin all i have is a folder called just cause 3, batch.exe, newtonsoft.jpg! also your tutorial is really hard to follow

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by the8bitrobin the8bitrobin.
    the8bitrobin
    the8bitrobin
    Participant

also clawik the game renders two different textures. one will be for when rico is further away it will be in lower resolution. the other is the HD one close up. are you opening the right one?

theotter4000
    Participant

I am clearly using an updated version of gibbed tools, and there is no Batch.exe, for step 4 i used unpack.exe but it doesn’t work for the .ee files! help?

Immense Ostrich
    Participant

How do I convert back into hmddsc files? when I drag it back onto Convert Texture in step 17, it gives me back a ddsc file, not an hmddsc. Please help.

Plenny
    Participant

Hey, Zenin – thanks very much for the thorough walkthrough. Not sure if you monitor this thread anymore, but I reached a roadblock and wondered if you knew the cause.
    I followed your steps very particularly (working on the desktop, flattening the .dds file and keeping the same file size), but at step 17, when I drag the .xml file onto Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertTexture.exe, the program stops working and displays this in the command window/console:
    Unhandled Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at  Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertTexture.Importer.ReadDDSFile,String ddsFile, Int32 elementIndex, TextureFile texture, Byte[][] contents, Boolean have HMDDSCFile> at Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertTexture.Importer.Import<String xmlFile, String outputBaseName> at Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertTexture.Program.Main<String[] args>
    Any idea where I’m going wrong?

Plenny
    Participant
    171318 wrote:

Hey, Zenin – thanks very much for the thorough walkthrough. Not sure if you monitor this thread anymore, but I reached a roadblock and wondered if you knew the cause. I followed your steps very particularly (working on the desktop, flattening the .dds file and keeping the same file size), but at step 17, when I drag the .xml file onto Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertTexture.exe, the program stops working and displays this in the command window/console: Unhandled Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertTexture.Importer.ReadDDSFile,String ddsFile, Int32 elementIndex, TextureFile texture, Byte[][] contents, Boolean have HMDDSCFile> at Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertTexture.Importer.Import<String xmlFile, String outputBaseName> at Gibbed.JustCause3.ConvertTexture.Program.Main<String[] args> Any idea where I’m going wrong?

Solved! Just had to experiment with the DTX settings – from Photoshop it worked after saving the DDS with DTX1 and the Mipmap box selected.
    My thanks to Malobi37 for his help.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.