Be cautious with mods/tools.
- December 9, 2015 at 5:38 pm #162443JC3devParticipant
It happened with GTA 5, and MAYBE with Just Cause 3!
Okay so I just want to say make sure you’re downloading from a trusted source (and user?).
- Scan using https://www.virustotal.com/
- Wait for analysis, if a report has already been made a couple days before releasing it on this site, then there is a small chance of being infected (who scans a couple days before release?)
- Reanalyse and wait for results
- If it’s showing more than 8/13+ <span style=”color: #ff0000;”>INFECTED </span><span><span style=”color: #000000;”>- THEN USE AT YOUR OWN RISK (also keep in mind, if the Anti-Virus company is small/not-used then some results might be false)</span></span>
That’s all – 🙂December 10, 2015 at 4:00 pm #162484DraconioKeymaster
This is why we implemented the “report” function. Infected mods, if reported and confirmed by an admin, will be removed immediately.December 10, 2015 at 4:06 pm #162485FINDarksideParticipant
And don’t worry if the file has been scanned before, it doesn’t really matter and if someone was going to make a virus, scanning it few days before release would give them no advantage.December 10, 2015 at 5:18 pm #162490JC3devParticipant
Yes, I know.
But people can ‘FUD’ their applications and can make it hard to detect.December 10, 2015 at 5:36 pm #162495FINDarksideParticipant
Sure they can, but if they scan it and it comes clean, why wouldn’t they release it right away?December 25, 2015 at 2:36 pm #163160
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.