Reply To: Updated Gibbed tools

Just Cause 3 Mods Forums Mod Creation Updated Gibbed tools Reply To: Updated Gibbed tools

neamneam
Participant

I’ve updated (again) the tools.

They now allow texture export and import. You can open any .ddsc file with ConvertTexture, it will create a .xml (don’t touch it) and a .dds file. Edit the dds file with something that can edit it (to save you the trouble: paint.net ( 🙂 ), gimp (with the dds plugin 😐 ) or a legally downloaded photoshop (with the nvidia plugin. 😀 )).

The Unpack can now guess more file types. Unknown files always are located in __UNKNOWN, but the subfolder changes depending on their type:

• AAF: archives (like .ee files). Look here for vehicles, weapons, mission files, challenges, props, …
    • Unpack them with SmallUnpack
    • Pack them with SmallPack (it will create a .sarc file that you pack again with SmallPack).
  • ADF: some arbitrary data format (like item.onlinec, and some other configuration file).
    • ConvertAdf will do the job, if not, your hex editor and the offset-in-file=”the hexadecimal offset” attribute of the xml file)
  • RTPC: some property definition file. (physics, materials, …)
    • ConvertProperty
  • DDSC: Textures
    • ConvertTexture
  • DDS: Textures, but you can edit them directly
  • FSB5: Audio (a format that you should be able to open and edit with some existing tools that I don’t know)
  • RBM: models. No tools yet.
  • RIFF: Audio (a format that you should be able to open and edit with some existing tools that I don’t know). It’s some kind of wav format.
  • BINK: Video
  • BAN: Animation (skeletal animation ?). No tool now, and none planed
  • BTC: Bytecode. Maybe one day a tool will be created. But not now.

1 user thanked author for this post.