Reply To: Updated Gibbed tools
I’ve updated (again) the tools.
They now allow texture export and import. You can open any .ddsc file with ConvertTexture, it will create a .xml (don’t touch it) and a .dds file. Edit the dds file with something that can edit it (to save you the trouble: paint.net ( 🙂 ), gimp (with the dds plugin 😐 ) or a legally downloaded photoshop (with the nvidia plugin. 😀 )).
The Unpack can now guess more file types. Unknown files always are located in __UNKNOWN, but the subfolder changes depending on their type:
- AAF: archives (like .ee files). Look here for vehicles, weapons, mission files, challenges, props, …
- Unpack them with SmallUnpack
- Pack them with SmallPack (it will create a .sarc file that you pack again with SmallPack).
- ADF: some arbitrary data format (like item.onlinec, and some other configuration file).
- ConvertAdf will do the job, if not, your hex editor and the offset-in-file=”the hexadecimal offset” attribute of the xml file)
- RTPC: some property definition file. (physics, materials, …)
- DDSC: Textures
- DDS: Textures, but you can edit them directly
- FSB5: Audio (a format that you should be able to open and edit with some existing tools that I don’t know)
- RBM: models. No tools yet.
- RIFF: Audio (a format that you should be able to open and edit with some existing tools that I don’t know). It’s some kind of wav format.
- BINK: Video
- BAN: Animation (skeletal animation ?). No tool now, and none planed
- BTC: Bytecode. Maybe one day a tool will be created. But not now.