Reply To: How to use the mod creation tool?
Don’t worry the guy above you is a jerk. All he had to say is that he doesn’t know either. But he wanted to feel cool so he wrote what he did.
I also do not know very much yet but I did mod JC2 with Ricks tools so I was able to get a tiny way in. Below are the steps I took.
- Download the tools and extract them into any folder just put them somewhere you know where they are
- browse to the just cause 3 folder
- double click archives_win64
- the game_hash files from what I can tell can be used a a quick guide to see what the arc file contain so you can look in them to get an idea before unpacking the arc files
- below the hash files you will have two sets of each number file a .arc and a .tab
- (back in the jc3 mods folder) if you double click the bin folder look for the gibbed.justcause3.unpack
- drag any of the .tab files onto the gibbed.justcause3.unpack file
- this will create a folder which contains an assortment of things
- a specific .tab file I found was #35 which seems to contain alot of vehicle information
If you see a file with .bin this can be unpacked with the gibbed.justcause3.convertproperty
this will create a .xml file that can be modified
run the .xml file through the gibbed.justcause3.convertproperty again after you modified it and it will update the .bin file
This is where I get stuck though. I can find the vehicle information but I cant find how to modify the .ee files and I’m not sure i could get them to repack either.